The “Company,” “we,” or “us” at Baji respect your right to privacy and are dedicated to safeguarding that of our users (sometimes referred to as “users” or “you”). Email correspondence should be sent to [email protected].
This privacy statement explains how we handle, gather, and use the information we receive from you when you use our websites to learn more about casino games and the gambling business (collectively, the “Services”).
Who controls the information you provide?
Data Protection Officer
Contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like more information about how Baji manages your personal information.
Information we collect and its type
Unidentified and non-identifiable information about a user (sometimes referred to as “Non-personal Information”) may be made public or collected through your use of the Services and communication with the website. The obtained Non-personal Information cannot be used to identify the user.
We gather technical information sent by your computer (through the use of third-party analytical cookies) in order to improve the functionality of the Services and give you a better user experience. This information includes specific software and hardware information (such as the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services; etc.).
We also gather data regarding how you use the Services, including user behavior (such as pages visited, time spent on specific pages, online browsing, clicks, and other actions). This data is gathered, among other things, to conduct analytics and research on how users interact with the Services.
Individually identifiable information, often known as “Personal Information,” is information that can be used to specifically identify an individual or that can be used to reasonably approximate that identity. This could be gathered when you submit a comment with your name and email address in response to one of our news articles or when you subscribe to our email newsletters by giving us your email address on our website.
Additionally, we might gather some kinds of connection information as well as hardware and device-related data, like IP addresses.
For as long as the information is merged, when we combine personal information with non-personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
We collect, store, and track information about your visit to and use of the Services using cookies and other technologies or methods of site analysis.
A cookie is a piece of information that is saved on your computer and contains details on how you access a website. Such cookies might be used by us as well as our reliable partners for a number of different things. These goals include making it easier for you to move between pages, enabling the automatic activation of specific features, remembering your preferences, and speeding up and facilitating your connection with our Services.
The following cookie categories are used by us:
Session cookie: We can link your actions during a browser session with the help of a session cookie. When you open the browser window and exit it, a browser session begins.
Persistent cookie: A persistent cookie is one that is activated each time you visit the website that set it and stays on your device for the time period indicated in the cookie.
Performance cookies: Cookies used for performance purposes. These cookies track your website usage and navigation. For instance, the pages you visit the most frequently and whether you ever receive error warnings from them. These cookies don’t gather any data that can be used to identify you. These cookie types only collect aggregated data, which is anonymous. It is simply used to enhance the functionality of the website.
Uses of Personal Information
The following are legitimate uses of client data at our Company:
- To control our customer service channels and make sure our systems run smoothly and without errors;
- In order to create an account for the player and to confirm the player’s eligibility to use our services (age and place of residence);
- To fulfill our legal obligations, duties, and responsibilities, to abide by the rules of our gaming license, and to the laws and regulations that apply to us, as well as to prevent unlawful activity, such as match-fixing and money laundering (Legal Obligation);
- To assist clients with any inquiries regarding our company;
- To develop new platforms for customer support, evaluate and deploy new features, optimize our platforms, and enhance the quality of the player experience;
- In order to stop crimes from happening, safeguard our players from fraudsters, ensure information security, and create an atmosphere that is fair for both sides;
- To conduct research and generate statistics-based, anonymized reports that we and our partners can utilize in the future to enhance the customer experience;
- To evaluate the possibility of client fraud, taking into account several third-party checks;
- To assess a customer’s game in order to confirm that they are gaming responsibly;
- To manage our relationship with our clients; To share information within our economic group and use it for administrative or other internal purposes.
Regarding his personal information, the player has several rights. They are listed below and it is crucial that you are acquainted with them:
- The gamer has a right to see the information we maintain about him;
- You can contact us to correct any incorrect personal information;
- You can ask for a copy of the personal information we maintain;
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing personal data, the customer has the right to object. As long as it does not conflict with data subjects’ rights to freedom of expression or privacy, we may continue to treat their personal information;
- You can request that we remove your personal information from our database. If your data is being processed unlawfully and we no longer need to process it, you have exercised your right to withdraw your permission, and there are no good reasons to object, we will delete your data;
- A player may request that we limit how personal data is processed in certain situations; you may object to direct marketing. We will stop sending you these types of messages if you simply write to us;
- The player can file a complaint with the local data protection authority. Not all of the aforementioned rights are unassailable.
By modifying the settings in your personal cabinet or sending an email to our support address [email protected], you can exercise your rights at any moment. Players should contact our support team at [email protected] if they have any complaints about the way that personal information is handled. If it’s possible, we’ll take your complaint under consideration and work to make you happy.
All of the consumer data is secure and secured. To ensure that there are no electronic traces, Baji eliminates all unnecessary data.
Baji uses firewall services and contemporary 128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to enable secure Internet connections to our secure servers.
The security of the data you send to us is not guaranteed by Baji. You use this manipulation at your own risk. However, after receiving these data, our organization will make every effort to safeguard them against unauthorized access, misuse, or loss.
We make use of the data we gather in a variety of ways, including:
- Supplying, running, and maintaining our website;
- Enhance, customize, and broaden our website;
- Recognize and evaluate how you using our website;
- Create new goods, services, features, and capabilities;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, on a variety of topics, such as customer service, the website’s changes and other information, as well as marketing and promotional activities;
- Provide you with emails;
- Identify and stop fraud;
- Data Logs.
Practices of Third Parties
Due to the fact that these third-party online sites are independently owned and run from us, we are unable to guarantee the security of any information you give to them or any information gathered by any third party managing our affiliate program (if applicable) or any other program. Any information gathered by these third parties is subject to their privacy policies, if any, which are in effect at the time.
The gambling site has the right to reveal any information about its users, including both betting history and personal information, in the event that the police or the appropriate authorities request it as part of an investigation into money laundering or fraud.
In other circumstances, with your permission, we might reveal any personal data we have on you. You will receive the data if you provide us your written or verbal authorization to disclose your betting information.
The Strategy Against Money Laundering
The bookmaker contributes significantly to the effort to stop money laundering. Additionally, we are in a strong position when it comes to any criminal conduct that may have a connection to betting in general and our bookmaker in particular. We are in responsibility of supplying the appropriate official instances with your betting and personal information in our possession whenever there are reasonable grounds to suspect that the money utilized on bets at the Bookmaker may be associated to the activities on terrorism funding or money-washing. In these circumstances, we are able to stop the funds belonging to the user (in this example, you) and take the required actions stipulated by the AML policy guidelines.